Used Cooking Oil Effects:
- Every year, the average Indian consumes approximately 19.5 kg of edible oil.
- Oil is an important component of all of our meals, from breakfast to lunch to dinner to late-night snacking.
- The majority of delectable foods, from roadside samosas to chat to packaged chips, are deep fried and soaked in oil.
- Homemade regular meals, such as roti, pulses, and vegetables, as well as non-vegetarian preparations, are cooked in oil.
- Cooking oil is frequently reused in most Indian households. Hotels, restaurants, food stalls, and roadside eateries reuse oil on a regular basis to save money and increase profits. This is extremely harmful to our health, and the lack of awareness about reusing oil only adds to the existing risk.